Thursday, August 13, 2026

Tim Tipton

Alone on the Road

On a January night
I am in a car staring out the window, stranded.
Somewhere outside Sedona
I called for help, but nobody is around to aid me.
There is nothing around me but the beauty of nature
and the shadow of solitude.
I stare out the window,
The night sky is my companion.
The clouds suspend loosely over the plain
silent in the moonlight.
No beginning, no end.
My eyes choke on darkness.
I am disconnected.
bound by nothing.
not even time.





At the wheel
The Loneliness of the road
Serenity of a California night
Broken yellow lines
Seeing in the dark
No cars, some cars
The sanctity of headlights
The comfort of the Texaco gas station with its
Neon lights and Dr. Pepper logo
Passenger window opened to catch the wind on my face.





Crisp Autumn Nights
I step outside the
house and greet the six o'clock sky.
My favorite time of day when
daylight loses its color,
Cars with their headlights come on,
Owls test the field.
The hours before sunset
is a magic hour to me
I crave it.
Autumn is what I crave most
To feel reborn
And I can do nothing wrong
In this magic hour
I look out to see the
late sun striking tops of trees
Illuminating the poplar leaves
light changes swiftly from warm to cold
A cool breeze blows past me, I hear the
wind chimes play a vigorous tune
as the magic hour folds in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rebeca Thomas

Car As a child, I found a bunkbed On the road between LA and Phx It was on the rear shelf Of a 1975 datsun b210 A little blanket softened th...