Saturday, August 15, 2026

Michelle Smith

Calamity 


Hot weather 
Heat Wave
High gas prices 
I don't own a car 🚘
but the cost is clear 
as in cutting onions slices
Both bring a sting
to my eyes and pocketbook 
The MSRP or petrol sticker shock ⛽😮‍💨
has me take a second look
Schedule a sightseeing on Amtrak?
Too expensive to Uber
Too carry to Lyft
Where's the nearest MTA 
or Metrolink it?
LA City and County public bus
Greyhound 
and leave the driving to us?
Do I drive to the park & ride 
at Union Station 
Flexibus to  LAX with Flyby?
Temperatures are raising 
frustration 
blood pressure 
stress and running on empty 
in the calamity to survive 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rebeca Thomas

Car As a child, I found a bunkbed On the road between LA and Phx It was on the rear shelf Of a 1975 datsun b210 A little blanket softened th...